• February 12HS Cheer and Mascot tryout meeting Feb. 28 @7:30 in the indoor

• February 2Join us in Belize June 2019 where you can experience the white beaches, charming lagoons, and the beautiful mountains.

• January 25Colleges Visiting CJ: Pittstate on Feb 28 th. and March 7 th.

Star Wars

Daniel Brower

Star Wars: The Last Jedi was a joyride of high moments and utter plot twists, and though it left behind the plot of the books, the movie was still an extremely enjoyable experience. As Rey and Ren fought off the emperor’s guard afters slaying Snoke, many fans applauded at the joy of seeing two fan-favorites finally fighting side by side, but were soon let down by the shocking moments after.

The story picks up right where the previous film left off, with Rey holding Luke’s lightsaber out to him, and the rebels taking off to leave their base as First Order ships prepares to destroy them. We then see the fan-favorite Poe in his X-Wing, leading a daring raid to stop the enemy Dreadnaught that is destroying the rebel base. After a slim victory, Poe returns, but the Dreadnaught was destroyed at the cost of the rebel fleet bombers and their pilots. The fleet then jumps to light speed but is shocked to find that the First Order has found a way to track them through hyperspace.

Back with Luke, he refuses Rey, throwing the lightsaber behind him and walking away. After much banter and comedic moments, we begin to learn why Luke feels the way he does about the Jedi, and that he thinks they need to die off. From there, the plot spirals into all kinds of amazing places.

The movie caused some controversy with its variations from the books, especially involving the back story of a certain main character; however, the movie’s changes led to some striking and deep moments. In the end, this movie left room for the story to grow in interesting ways.