• February 12HS Cheer and Mascot tryout meeting Feb. 28 @7:30 in the indoor

• February 2Join us in Belize June 2019 where you can experience the white beaches, charming lagoons, and the beautiful mountains.

• January 25Colleges Visiting CJ: Pittstate on Feb 28 th. and March 7 th.

Wacky Weather

Connor Pittman

Lately, the weather has not been consistent at all. It will snow Monday through Wednesday of one week, only to be about 60 degrees Thursday through Friday.  We can look at the long-range weather forecast for January and February using the “Heady pattern.”

The Heady pattern, created by Doug Heady, has been researched for almost 10 years. It shows that each year, storm cycles are spread out 40 to 65 days. This year, the storm systems are 48 days apart. This means that today’s weather is similar to 48 days ago and 48 days from now. With this, we can somewhat accurately tell weather patterns based on those 48 days ago.

According to headypattern.com, from January 28 to February 3, it will be mostly cool with rain chances on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. February 4 to the 10 will be another cold week with rain chances on Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

With temperatures dropping and the roads freezing over, student and staff drivers should please be careful on the roads. Make sure you are aware of how long it takes your vehicle to come to a complete stop, and drive much slower than the speed limit to avoid wrecks. And at home, when using a space heater, be aware of whether you are using a power strip or a surge protector. Surge protectors are wired so that electrical current runs through a fuse before entering the actual electronics so that, in the case of a power surge, nothing is getting harmed. Power strips lack this fuse and can overheat, melt, or even catch fire from the massive amount of electricity flowing through them. Additionally, be sure to bring your pets inside; they can get frostbite, too. Be smart and stay safe in this wacky weather!