• February 12HS Cheer and Mascot tryout meeting Feb. 28 @7:30 in the indoor

• February 2Join us in Belize June 2019 where you can experience the white beaches, charming lagoons, and the beautiful mountains.

• January 25Colleges Visiting CJ: Pittstate on Feb 28 th. and March 7 th.

New Year, New Me

Bethany Hoagland, Writer

When a new year rings in, people make new goals, plans, and resolutions. Some resolutions may be small and others may be big. Whether it be traveling to new places or just trying to be a better person, all resolutions are important.

Some of the most common resolutions are losing weight, being a better person, saving money, and getting organized. If someone is looking into getting in shape for the year, finding a partner and hitting the gym is a good way to start. When one is trying to save money, one should make  a budget and look for ways to cut costs. A good start could be selling possessions  or buying clothes and other items when they are on sale.

As some may be trying to save money, a good way to start is by getting organized. In order for this resolution to stick, keeping track of your purchases should be a big priority. Organization comes hand in hand with deleting old emails, cleaning your house, or even keeping track of paperwork by setting up files.

Brecklyn Baine, senior, has a very unique goal this year: to smile and be more confident in herself. Baine had mentioned, “I want to be more true to myself and not blend in with the crowd.” A lot of people tend to get caught up in what others are doing, and finding who you truly are is a good goal.

Jarrett Little, senior, has a few goals this year. Little wants to attend his dream college, Missouri State, and start an entire new version of his life and self. In order to so, he will work hard to get through high school with great results and a diploma. Little wants to have a great summer and then attend college as a “new person, with new friends, in a new place.”

Ashlyn Pope, senior, has a very common and admirable goal that most people set every year, striving for a healthier lifestyle. Pope’s steps in achieving this goal are to exercise regularly, eat healthy, and be consistent in doing so.

Make sure the resolution is personal. Picking a resolution that best suits a person is key. It’s important to keep in mind to have a specific goal that is achievable. Having a goal that is important also makes it easier to achieve. And remember – you don’t have to wait until New Year’s to make a resolution. You can decide to better yourself at any time you want!