• December 5Donate a new or gently used books to Mrs. Pendergrass to earn a chance in a drawing for gift cards

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: Ozark Christian College on Feb. 7th

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: State Technical College on Jan. 4th

• December 5Java Junctions Christmas Specials are available!

• December 5Bright futures is having a hygiene drive if you donate, you will receive a free Java Junction drink.

• December 5FBLA extended the end date of the canned food drive to Dec 15th.

• November 27Senior Salutes are being sold now, all order forms are due Jan. 19th

• November 27Join A+ tutoring in Mrs. Wimmer's room Monday-Thursday after school until 4:15pm.

• November 14FBLA is working with Sonic for a can food drive for every 5 canned good you will receive a token for 1 medium Sonic drink

What’s Up With IT?

Johnathan Petry, Writer

SPOILER ALERT: Does contain some elements of the plot

Stephen King’s IT has returned to theaters 27 years after the premier of the original mini series in 1990. In a strange twist, that can be by no means a coincidence, the time between the original release of King’s IT and the showing of the reboot is the same amount of time as that of the hibernation cycle of the movie’s antagonist, Pennywise the Dancing Clown. The movie broke ground as a revamped and revitalized horror movie that brought King’s original book to life, correcting what the original mini series got wrong. The movie doesn’t hold anything back, earning itself a hard R rating for strong language, graphic content, and suggestive imagery. The crowds of people packed in the theaters all got a taste for what was to come within the first five minutes of the film, during which, they witnessed the gruesome death of protagonist Bill’s younger brother, Georgie. Similar imagery is displayed throughout the movie in horrifying fashion, easily making IT one of the scariest movies of 2017.

Rotten Tomatoes, the renowned movie reviewing company, rated IT at an 86% and certified it “Fresh,” the highest honor they can bestow. Another such company, IMDb, rated the movie 4 out of 5 stars. Google users stated through a survey an 88% satisfaction rate with the movie. Will Vance, a senior from CJHS, described the movie as “a great movie, it was funny and terrifying in the best way.” The movie was well received by a majority of viewers, including King himself. Of the people who gave a review of the movie, an overwhelming majority say that if you like a good scare, IT is the movie to watch.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “What’s Up With IT?”

1. Harmouni Cundiff on October 6th, 2017 10:03 am

I love the article and it definitely made me want to watch the movie IT. I love scary movies.

[Reply]

2. Priya Hammond on October 6th, 2017 10:05 am

I’m not always into horror movies, but IT was one that I enjoyed! I loved how it was both funny and scary and it had a good plot.

[Reply]

3. micah lieberman on October 25th, 2017 2:25 pm

I really like this schools news paper. It is more towards the life of the students.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

Dominating Districts

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

Saluting the Veterans

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

Leading into Fall

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

One Last Match

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

Mapleleaf

• Archives

Girls State Golf Goes Great

• Archives

Kicking off Districts

• Archives

New Things Brewing

• What’s Up With IT?

Archives

Kid fest 2017

• Archives

Running the Road to State

What’s Up With IT?