• December 5Donate a new or gently used books to Mrs. Pendergrass to earn a chance in a drawing for gift cards

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: Ozark Christian College on Feb. 7th

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: State Technical College on Jan. 4th

• December 5Java Junctions Christmas Specials are available!

• December 5Bright futures is having a hygiene drive if you donate, you will receive a free Java Junction drink.

• December 5FBLA extended the end date of the canned food drive to Dec 15th.

• November 27Senior Salutes are being sold now, all order forms are due Jan. 19th

• November 27Join A+ tutoring in Mrs. Wimmer's room Monday-Thursday after school until 4:15pm.

• November 14FBLA is working with Sonic for a can food drive for every 5 canned good you will receive a token for 1 medium Sonic drink

National Art Honors Society

Addison Miller

Carl Junction’s Art Club is a place for students to volunteer and color the world with their projects. The club is mainly student-run. Their activities range from painting rooms in boarding homes, decorating ceiling tiles for the national guard, making glass pendants for animal shelters, and much more. Art Club is a safe place for students to come together and share their ideas for future projects. The organization is non-profit, so any money made selling pendants or artwork goes to an organization of their choosing. Last year, the club raised $500 dollars for Golden Paw, a small animal shelter. Some students may have noticed and admired the mosaic tables in the commons area by the office. National Art Honors Society (NAHS) made those! It took a couple of years, but last year they finally finished them and put them out on display. Two years ago, the members of Art Club had a soup kitchen event where they created hand-made bowls. The attendees could then buy the bowls that they used at the end of the event.

Sadly, last year was the final year of teaching for art instructor Jessica Seller, but Sydney Wooldridge, the new art teacher, is excited for the upcoming meetings. She’s ready to start helping out the community with the amazing art her fellow club members. NAHS is hoping for new members to come and join. New members will likely find it to be an amazing and calming place for everyone to be creative in a space that they feel safe in. Pottery, glass, and painting have always been a big part of the club. They also create raku pots, (a type of firing of pottery), glass necklaces, and animal portraits to sell. Students who want to know more about the club can head over to room 216, across the hall from Mrs. Adamson’s classroom.