• December 5Donate a new or gently used books to Mrs. Pendergrass to earn a chance in a drawing for gift cards

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: Ozark Christian College on Feb. 7th

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: State Technical College on Jan. 4th

• December 5Java Junctions Christmas Specials are available!

• December 5Bright futures is having a hygiene drive if you donate, you will receive a free Java Junction drink.

• December 5FBLA extended the end date of the canned food drive to Dec 15th.

• November 27Senior Salutes are being sold now, all order forms are due Jan. 19th

• November 27Join A+ tutoring in Mrs. Wimmer's room Monday-Thursday after school until 4:15pm.

• November 14FBLA is working with Sonic for a can food drive for every 5 canned good you will receive a token for 1 medium Sonic drink

Tape Murals

Jayme Doyle

The tape murals on the walls done recently by the advanced art class are attracting the attention of Carl Junction students. The advanced art students are placing designs on the wall with tape, leaving behind amazing designs. They were given a theme and were asked to use their imagination. With that, they were asked to create a design that fit their theme. The artists want the students to make the drawing related to their life and experiences. Take a glance at them, see what you find, you might be surprised. One of the projects is being made by sophomore Adrian Bittner and her group. She says, “I love doing physical art projects and I love seeing people happy because of people’s art.” Her group, as well as the other groups, have finished their projects on Monday the 28th. Ms. Wooldridge, the new art teacher, says she loves seeing everyone’s enthusiasm for showing off their themes. Art speaks where words are unable to explain,” says Mrs. Woodridge, quoting Threadless Artist Mathiole.  The project is to keep each other’s theme hidden from the other groups until the critique, and the challenge is to see if the other groups can guess which project is yours (hence the reason to keep it hidden from the other groups). Junior Eva Sneed says, “I think the tape murals on the walls are really unique, and I’m really excited to see how they turn out.” Most of the other students share the same opinion.

The tape murals are grabbing the attention of the teachers as well. The teachers are complimenting these students while they work on their pieces making them feel great. It is not known yet if these murals will be taken down off the walls after the assignment is finished. According to many teachers and students, they love these pieces of artwork and would like them to stay on the wall for as long as they can.

The tape murals project encouraged teamwork among the students. It taught them to share ideas and to share thoughts. This project had an affect on how the students worked together and how they brought their ideas together. The students made friends with the people they didn’t know in their group and helped each other with different things. The tape murals have much more than a wall behind them.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Tape Murals”

1. Halle Roper on October 6th, 2017 9:53 am

I think the tape murals are a good addition to our school, and they are unique.

[Reply]

2. Faith Mills on October 6th, 2017 9:55 am

I like the tape murals around the school. I like that the art class is getting to showcase their art more to the school. Before we didn’t get to see much of what was happening in art, but with the tape murals we get to see some of what is happening.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Tape Murals

Archives

Dominating Districts

• Tape Murals

Archives

Saluting the Veterans

• Tape Murals

Archives

Leading into Fall

• Tape Murals

Archives

One Last Match

• Tape Murals

Archives

Mapleleaf

• Archives

Girls State Golf Goes Great

• Archives

Kicking off Districts

• Archives

New Things Brewing

• Tape Murals

Archives

Kid fest 2017

• Archives

Running the Road to State

Tape Murals