• September 21Seniors the deadline for the DAR resume submission is Nov. 17th

• September 19The ACT will be held at CJHS on Oct 28th

• September 11Colleges Visiting CJ: Labette Community College on Nov. 6

• September 11Colleges visiting CJ, Pittsburg State on Nov. 1, Nov. 15, and Nov. 29

Cheering for New Coaches

Kinsey Morey

Cheering for New Coaches

The CJHS cheer team acquired new coaches

This year the CJHS cheer team has a new head coach and new assistant coach. The previous coach, Becky Kerr, decided to retire at the end of the year last year. Mrs. Spangler and Ms. Allgood filled the position left open. They are both English teachers in the high school, and Coach Spangler was a cheerleader when she was a high schooler here at Carl Junction and in college at MSSU.

There have been many new changes to the squad this year. When asked what she was expecting out of the season this year, Coach Spangler said, “My expectations for this season are for our teams to grow in teamwork, athleticism, and spirit. I’d like us to keep growing to more elite stunts and find ways to get the crowd even more excited. Spreading more school spirit throughout the school is also a goal of mine.” This year the cheer team consists of a junior varsity (JV) squad as well as a varsity squad. Captains of the two squads are Jordyn Albright (V), senior,  Lakyn Shallenburger (JV), sophomore, and Hannah Huffman (JV), sophomore. “I am most excited about having a big cheer family and cheering at home games with the student section.” said Albright. Shallenburger said, “This season has been so exciting! Homecoming is a fun night for our community. It is awesome to show how hard the cheer squad as a whole has been working to prepare for the event.” Many of the other cheerleaders have mentioned their excitement for this coming football season and the opportunities that will come during this year. When asked what she was most excited about for this coming season, Kaitlynn Doyle, junior cheerleader,  said, “I am most excited for the chance to work with the little kids at our cheer clinic and to perform at halftime during the first home game of the season.” Despite the cheerleaders are excited to get to know the coaches and have a great year!

1 Comment

One Response to “Cheering for New Coaches”

1. Makayla on October 6th, 2017 9:55 am

I think you explained greatly how all of us feel about cheering this year. Super happy I joined the squad and that you all are so welcoming. Love, Mac.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Cheering for New Coaches