• December 5Donate a new or gently used books to Mrs. Pendergrass to earn a chance in a drawing for gift cards

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: Ozark Christian College on Feb. 7th

• December 5Colleges Visiting CJ: State Technical College on Jan. 4th

• December 5Java Junctions Christmas Specials are available!

• December 5Bright futures is having a hygiene drive if you donate, you will receive a free Java Junction drink.

• December 5FBLA extended the end date of the canned food drive to Dec 15th.

• November 27Senior Salutes are being sold now, all order forms are due Jan. 19th

• November 27Join A+ tutoring in Mrs. Wimmer's room Monday-Thursday after school until 4:15pm.

• November 14FBLA is working with Sonic for a can food drive for every 5 canned good you will receive a token for 1 medium Sonic drink

“Fresh” Off the Press Advice

Stormi Norton

It’s been a few weeks since the freshman started their first day of high school on August 17. There are 250 freshmen this year. We all remember being in their shoes; there’s a new school, more people, new teachers, and intimidating expectations. If you don’t remember, that’s okay, because we’ve interviewed a couple of freshmen to let you know what they think about high school so far. Markie Ellwood says, “It’s hard, but fun.” Aspen Redden claims that the school is “humongous!” (Give it time and she’ll be saying that it’s not big enough for all those people in the hallways.) While high school may be overwhelming at first, it will be the place where you make some of your most embarrassing, and happy memories.

So, to all of the freshmen reading this wondering how they’re going to survive high school, here’s some tips from some upperclassmen:

1. “Do your homework the night it is given, if possible.” – Sydney Smith, junior
  2. “High school isn’t as stressful as you think; take your time, breathe, and think things through.” – Addison Miller, senior
  3. “Don’t overload yourself. It’s good to try new things, but don’t take on too much.” – Daniel Brower, senior
  4. “Get projects done as soon as possible.” – Emma Leach, junior
  5. “Speak when spoken to.” – Jon Petry, senior
  6. “Please. Hygiene is important. Deodorant is your friend. We will all thank you.” – everybody

Those are some fantastic tips for any freshman. We really do remember how it felt walking in the first day of freshman year. So whatever you’re feeling, someone felt the exact same way once. Don’t be afraid to get out there and meet new people. You may end up enjoying your freshman year more than you thought you would. So, have fun, and as Ellwood said, “It’s going to be a great year!”